https://thefabricnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/securityandcompliance.jpg 300 300 Prabakar Sundarrajan - Chief Strategist and Co-founder, The Fabric https://thefabricnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/thefabric_logo-2.png Prabakar Sundarrajan - Chief Strategist and Co-founder, The Fabric2017-05-03 18:09:342018-05-03 08:44:00Security and Compliance in the Cloud [The Fabric Panel recording]
Security and Compliance in the Cloud [The Fabric Panel recording]
I moderated a great at The Fabric Cloudblazer meetup on the topic of Hybrid/multi-cloud security and compliance, which was hosted at HPE Santa Clara. There was a remarkable panel and the discussion was very interesting and enlightening.
Our thanks and kudos to the awesome panelists who brought a tremendous background and expertise to set the stage for an excellent session:
- Vijay Sondhi, Senior Vice President and Head of Innovation group at VISA. Prior leadership roles with – Fidelio (now Oracle), iXOS (now OpenText), and Xenon Pharmaceuticals
- Dave Larson, Vice President, Advanced Technology Group, and Chief Technology Officer, Networking Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE); joined HPE via 3COM where he led security products
- Gaurav Banga, Founder and CEO of a stealth mode cyber-security startup; previously the Co-founder & CEO of Bromium
- Janga Aliminati, Co-Founder and CTO of Spanugo.io with experience as Chief Architect at VISA and Oracle for Cloud Deployment
The following topics were discussed:
- Private cloud security and compliance in financial industry led by Vijay Sondhi
- Cloud attack prevention, security scans, vpn’s etc led by Dave Larson
- Cloud access security brokers, cloud access controls, compliance reporting led by Gaurav Banga
- Harmonizing security and compliance across multiple clouds led by Janga Aliminati
You can view the whole panel discussion here:
Here are also some pictures from the event:
We had to cut the open discussion short and it was a great sight to see folks thronging the front to continue the spirited discussion with the panelists and among themselves!